Saturday, February 9, 2008

Interviewing Tips

What did you learn that will help you when you begin interviewing as part of the mock interview process and for real after graduation?

After reading "How to answer the toughest interview questions" and "How to deal with illegal interview questions" I was able to point on some of my errors during my previous interviews. Each article had some great information and easy ideas to combat these situations. As an african american woman the article explaining how to deal with illegal questions enabled me to have confidence combating illegal questions. I didn't know that if someone asked me about the meaning of my name or where come I reside are illegal questions. I have been asked the questions before. I don't think it was meant to discriminate but it was honest sincerity. Also knowing that I have a way to report a discriminative act towards me is available makes me feel better. The article on answering tough questions during a interview explained the significance of questions and why they are so important to answer. Many employers want someone that can think on their feet and are qualified for the job. I also learned that it depends on the job and company as well.

No comments: